A drop tester for packages is a device that drops parcels from different heights and directions. This method is used to assess their transport value and resistance to error handling at all stages of transport and storage. In addition, it is also suitable for the detection of bottles, cans, bags, corrugated boxes, etc.
Linkotest designs and manufactures drop test machines including drop testers for mobile products, drop testers for packages, drop tester for large Items, rotating drum testers, and other products to meet your different drop test needs.
Importantly, testing with reliable drop test equipment can help you and other stakeholders determine if your packaged products are adequately prepared for the distribution environment. In addition to this purpose, the “Package Drop Tester” has various additional benefits, including:
- Supports surface, edge, and angle drop tests
- Electric reset, electric drop, electric lift device, easy to use
- Wide range of test samples
- Easy maintenance and long-term use
- Comply with GB, IEC, ASTM, ST, ISO, JIS, TAPPI, and other industry standards
- The main column is made of special high-quality steel, the surface is polished, the surface is chrome-plated, durable, and never rusted
In general, there are three types of package drop hammer testers. Includes small, medium, and large package drop hammer tester. And they are used for packaging up to 2 kg, 80 kg, and 500 kg.
There are applications of drop tester for the package.
1) Control Orientation
It is well known that test procedures and industry standards specify the requirements for controlling directional descent. Eventually, this drop causes the test sample to impact predetermined surfaces, corners, and edges.
2) Dangerous drops
In reality, not all items fall on flat, lab-style floors. In fact, some small package distribution tests require dripping under predetermined hazardous conditions.
3) Product drops
You perform a bare product drop test on packaging using a drop tester to simulate events that may occur during use. Once out of protective packaging, in the hands of consumers.
4) Extended height
Usually, dangerous goods packaging is subjected to a rigorous drop test during certification testing. In addition, other high-performance products and packaging also need to withstand high-energy shocks. Moreover, drop testers are available with extended height drop testers to meet these test applications. Finally, you can customize the descent height option to expand the descent height range of your machine.
In fact, the drop tester selected for packaging depends on the drop test standard adopted by the manufacturer. You may encounter the following international standards. If a vendor is conducting testing, it is helpful for you to know their testing standards, as they may be slightly different.
For example, ASTM standards apply to containers that are 110 pounds (50 kg) or lighter. In contrast, ISTA standards are suitable for heavier containers. Therefore, you need to choose the right tester based on the weight of the package.
In reality, different drop testers use different methods of packaging. Here is how to use one of these products:
- Connect the power supply;
- Turn on the power switch clockwise;
- See that the wing plate is in the horizontal position, otherwise, use the hand plate in the horizontal position;
- Lightly press the rise button to raise the wing panel to the desired position, and lightly press the stop button;
- Put the product to be tested and fixed with fixture;
- Set the test times and press the reset button (RST) to clear 0; Tap the drop button to start the test;
- Test repeatedly until the set number of test times to automatically cut off the drop power (the drop button is not effective);
- Test the next product or turn off the power.
Note: No one is allowed to stand on the workbench during the drop test!